- Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Functional Skills qualification in English Level 2
- Functional skills qualification in Mathematics Level 2
- Functional skills qualification in information and Communications Technology Level 2
- Employee rights and responsibilities
- Personal learning and thinking skills
Potential Job Roles:
• Senior Special Needs Assistant or similar roles.
This qualification provides an in-depth understanding of the knowledge and skills required when working directly with children or young people in primary, secondary or special schools.
It covers all aspects of Specialist Support including planning, delivering and reviewing assessment strategies to support learning alongside the teacher, bilingual and special needs support and personal development and reflective practice. It is also a must-have for all those undertaking the Level 3 Supporting Teaching and Learning Apprenticeship.
You should be at least 16 years old. We do not set any other entry requirements but colleges or training providers may have their own guidelines.