- Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Functional Skills qualification in English Level 2
- Functional Skills qualification Level 1
- Functional Skills qualification in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Level 1
- Employee rights and responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Potential Job Roles:
• Teaching Assistant
• Learning Support Assistant
• Special Educational Needs Assistant.
This qualification will enable you to develop the knowledge and skills needed when supporting teaching and learning in the school environment. It is suitable for learners working in roles that support pupils’ learning including teaching assistants, learning support assistants and special need assistants. It is made up of mandatory and optional units which are based on knowledge and skills. It includes optional units that allow learners to achieve above the level of qualification.
You should be at least 16 years old. We do not set any other entry requirements but colleges or training providers may have their own guidelines.